Saturday 13 March 2010

A Ramble...

Recently I find myself incredibly restless. I can't even sit through a movie without getting to my laptop or phone to do some work. Ever since I was a young Sham I would get addicted to things very easily. There was the comic book phase, there was the whiney screechy rock music, there was getting peirced, there was bodybuilding, there were the girls, there were the months where computer programming took over my life so much so that I suffered my first migrane after hours and hours of the blue Pascal screen. These are to mention but a few.

Now I'm addicted to work. To creating. I find that it's not such a bad thing but I fear I may have overdone it in the past few months as now my body is giving up on me at the most crucial time when final year assignments are due in and when I need to get this electoral campaign in gear. But even the body adapts. It will evolve or I'll punish it.

Time is ticking away and I need to make something of myself. I need to make something out of the nothing I used to be because that's the only way to make a greater change out there in the big bad world. If I get this job as the VP of Community...it's going to align things perfectly. I will still be able to be involved in the Student Media, I'll be working with people committed to helping others and I'll be able to change things from the inside.

Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment