Monday 15 February 2010

Trying to be wise and thinking of the future

So I'm thinking of running for Vice President of Community at the Liverpool Students' Union. I've currently been outlining my options for my future after university and this job seems to be the best opportunity to make a difference.

I've found that over time I've been growing attached to the Union as a whole. It's strange. I've put in so much of my time and creativity into making The Looprevil Press a success over the past few years and having a Looprevil office at the union and a job at the union as well means that I spend more time there then I do at home.

I've learnt that I hate it when people bad mouth the union. Fine, it has a bad reputation but we're working so hard behind the scenes to make it better and when people don't see the fruits of your labour it's quite deflating. But the people I work with still come back everyday and that "never give up" attitude is what I love. You can tell that the people that work there actually do care about making it a better place. It's not only a job. It becomes a challange, at least it has for me.

So, this Vice President of Community position, it's going to be interesting if I do manage to get it. Campaigning starts soon and all I can do is my best. I still don't feel like i've proved my full potential by starting up the newspaper and the radio station at the union. I still have more to give. It's going to be a lot of hard work but I love to work. It's my drug.

Anyway, the research begins now.

No comments:

Post a Comment